EASTHAVEN DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
d/b/a Darby Terrace Apartments
4501 Central Avenue Charlotte, NC 28205
Requirements used to qualify applicants for residency in our communities. Please review ALL criteria
APPLY ONLINE: darbyterrace.com
Supporting documents must be submitted as incomplete applications will NOT be processed
E-Mail a copy of ID and proof of income to: firstname.lastname@example.org
***WE DO NOT HOLD APARTMENTS IF YOU APPLICATION IS INCOMPLETE***
$100 Non-refundable application fee per leaseholder
$20 Non-refundable application fee per occupant over 18 years old
**Must fill out “Occupant Release & Authorization Form” with a copy of ID **
For criminal background processing.
1. Lease holders must be at least 21 years of age. We do not accept co-signers.
2. No pets allowed except Service/Support animals
3. You must have no records of eviction(s), broken leases, or poor rental history
4. You must have one valid government-issued photo identification card (driver’s license, state ID card, military card, or passport)
5. You are required to have a social security card OR a W-7 tax ID card with a valid, unexpired Visa or Green Card-Permanent Resident Card (no photocopies).
6. Verifiable proof of employment/income. Must earn a monthly NET income of 2.5 times the amount of your monthly rent. We will need verifiable documentation: Two most current paycheck stubs. If paid weekly- please submit 4 most recent paycheck stubs or bank statements showing direct deposits. If employment is less than 30 days, submit an Offer Letter on company letterhead showing the start date and either salary or hourly rate plus weekly hours to be worked. If other fixed income, the applicant must submit the active issuing agency documentation (award letter/statement)-social security, retirement, disability, etc. If you are self-employed, provide a copy of your most recent tax return.
7. Verifiable previous rental history-verification of prior tenancy must contain sufficient information about the applicant’s individual tenancy in order to be considered. Living in a property that is owned by a relative or friend does not constitute a tenant/landlord relationship for rental verification purposes. If unable to verify rental history, the applicant will be required to pay an additional Security Deposit.
8. A credit report will be completed to verify creditworthiness that demonstrates a willingness to pay financial obligations in a timely fashion (excluding medical expenses). Collection accounts may not be in excess of $1,000.
9. You consent to a criminal background screening and may be denied for criminal convictions that would interfere or be a risk/threat to the health, safety, security, or right of peaceful enjoyment of the community, other persons, and/or the property.
10. Once applications are approved, a move-in date must be established and a NON-REFUNDABLE Deposit paid. If the deposit is not paid the unit will be listed back on the market.
11. The criteria which may result in a denial (includes but are not limited to): Prior eviction proceedings, past due or poor payment rental history, delinquent past/present credit obligations, insufficient income, length of employment, bankruptcy, foreclosure, collection/judgment actions, unable to verify residence or employment, criminal convictions, providing misleading/inaccurate information, and adverse, subpar, or unverified information. *** Guideline criteria may change without notice.